Students will be able to:
- explain why people choose to forgive others
- describe the personal experiences of two individuals and their journeys towards forgiveness
- explain how compassion and empathy can affect people’s actions
- differentiate between cycles of revenge and forgiveness
Click below to download the resources:
Lesson 1: The impact of forgiveness
- To be able to explain why people choose to forgive others.
- To be able to explain the personal experience of an individual and their journey towards forgiveness.
Key vocabulary: condone, justification, forgive, contemplation, vengeance.
Mary Foley’s story:
Lesson 2: Can compassion for an offender influence your decision to forgive?
- To be able to explain a personal experience of forgiveness.
- To be able to explain how empathy and compassion can influence people’s actions.
Key vocabulary: empathy, compassion.
Lesson 3: A cycle of forgiveness
- To be able to explain the key experiences of someone’s journey towards forgiveness.
- To be able to explain the cycles of forgiveness and revenge.
Key vocabulary: remorse, empathy, pardon, revenge.
Barry Mizen’s story: